Wednesday, August 20, 2008

DR APT.

SO I did not think it went bad until I sat here and thought about it for a while. I think the DR. was calling me fat and lazy? saying that I had a 50/50 chance of being diabetic because I have gestational diabetes and that it runs in my family. Thanks the proceeds to tell me my numbers are high and that he wants to test me in the office. Fine I think. Dennis has the wonderful idea to test with my monitor at the same time. theirs reads 85 mine reads 119 so someone is off? so I'm getting a new monitor today. because he also mentioned taking insulin... aaa no I don't think so thank you but no. let's see what the new monitor say's and then he has me going over to the diabetes center in the hospital and of course they don't call my cel phone which I gave them to call me instead of the house since I get home late. so I'll have to deal with that tomorrow. GRRREEEAT!
then he looks at my blood pressure numbers and say's there too high still and that the one in the office are too high also... and have I been diagnosed with hypertension before.. again AAAAAAA- NO there too. this is after my normal Dr. , Dr. T has said to stay under 140/90 is were I need to be and that is normally where I've been. until this fool is telling me no there still to high. would you like me to just lay down and not move to get a low pressure?
So I emailed my normal DR., Dr T and asked her what she thought I also made the or tried to make my net apt. with her but could not so the one after the next will be with her so I can talk to her about it. unless I get an email back from her sooner than 4 weeks. next apt. is in 2 weeks with the man that thinks I do everything wrong. LOL Grreaat and then they wonder why lotsa women DO NOT LIKE MALE OBGYN's thank you for proving a point!

6 comments:

Lynné said...

I had gestational diabetes too, and it also runs in my family. Girl, we are in so much trouble when we get older! It's best to stick with the eating habits that you learn from your nutritionist (trust me!)!

Also, about my daughter and the hickey....I FINALLY figured it out on my own! I can be a little slow sometimes! lol

Debateur said...

Firstly i just wanted to say thank you for your kind words about my situation with kitty. it means a lot. We are hoping to get test results back tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you're having all those problems with your OB. I hope things get better.

Meg said...

I had a male ob/gyno. He kinda rocked but I'm sorry you have to go through all that.

Jonara Blu Maui said...

I had gestational diabetes too ...but they never caught it until I was a week overdue! They had it on the test results and it just got filed away..they told me anything. I ended up giving birth to a 9 lb 11 oz boy by C-section. I was huge..that was a lot of baby for my short bod.

Try to relax over the weekend..stress isn't good for any of it. It will be nice to get ahold of your reg doc. And there are lots of healthy things you can do to control the diabetes.

hang in there!

Patty said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Nice to meet you. I must be one of the lucky ones that has a great male OB, wouldn't trade him for nothing! It's so hard to find a good doctor you really like.

I see you're in the same boat as me with the family situation. Except that I can't remember the last time I had a relaxing saturday like the one you described in an earlier post. So friggin' jealous!!

brandy said...

Thank you for leaving me a comment and yes, she was talking about boys but does (thank God!)think they have cooties!!

Sorry you had a bad day at the Dr's. -- It doesn't look like you will have to deal with him too much longer though :) Once the baby comes you can be done with all of that...wishing you all the best with your growing family...