Tuesday, September 16, 2008

OOOOO Pinching!!

Not only pinching pushing and running into you at full force with his head?
what is that all about?
then he's been clenching his teeth and making a growling sound? where did this come from? I asked him who is that who showed you that? no response. HUmm so we had about 3 timeouts from the time I got home from the Dr. till bed time and I was ready to put him to bed at 8 instead of 9 because Liam was out of control! but as soon as Daddy came home things were fine and he curled up with him on the couch and fell asleep. feeeww
So not sure how to nip this in the butt except with the time out. he hates it. but it's the only thing I can think of I just don't get it and of course it's always about the same time .. when we get home so I think it may be an attention thing ? the clenching of the teeth and putting his face in yours worries me because I don't want him to crack or chip his teeth? that's the weird thing I have never seen anyone do this except for one other child to remain nameless.... but he is not around that child that much so not sure if this is were is been learned. I don't like it. ex specialy
the putting his face in yours. I've old him no that's not nice but not sure if it's getting thru?
we'll see or it will be more time outs until it stops.

3 comments:

CaraBee said...

I guess they don't call it the terrible twos for nothing.

Jacie said...

Good luck with that. It does sound like he's wanting to get your attention--he's just not doing it the right way. Time outs worked for our son but then taking things he loved to play with and do (like a favorite movie or toy) worked even better. You might want to try that if he's old enough to understand getting something taken away.

Robin said...

Nice blog, thought I would follow you too, feel free to follow as well. Thanks for stopping by. Olivia is doing OK, she had her 3 year check up today and right on target, but the chicken pox is just a waiting game now. She doesn't seem to be bothered by them, thank goodness. Have a wonderful week.