Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Worst Fear Comes True

OK I have always had this fear of falling down the steps. and to make it worst holding one of my kids. So I always try to be carefully when I have them in my arms on the stairs. Well this past Sunday I did it I fell down the stairs with Liam in my arms! All I have to say is at least it was only about 5 steps and not the whole flight. I tried to protect him as best I could but I think he hit his head on the door knob at the bottom of the steps to the half bath. I know I hit my right hip and my left shoulder on the way down and my left cheek hit the floor so I obviously did not have my hands out. I guess we made such a load noise because my hubby came in from outside said he heard it all the way out in the shed! So we sat on the floor and cried abit Liam and I. He has a small bump on his head on the right side. but nothing big I thin I took the brunt of it. I'm still tearing up over it because it's something I hope no one ever has to deal with. Any whoo I have better news about valentines that I will post later today with pictures.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Awww, bless your heart! I know that had to be so frightening. I am so glad to hear that you and your precious little boy are ok. :)

Sue said...

Every time I walk down the stairs (with baby or without) the thought "Oh my, what if I fall??" goes through my mind. I'm sorry that you had to go through it, It's good to hear that you both are okay!

CaraBee said...

I think about that all the time! So scary, but I'm glad everything is okay!

Synergy Girl said...

Ahhhh!! I HATE falling down the stairs!! When I was pregnant with my first, and about 6 months along, I fell down a whole flight of stairs. I ended up on my stomach, with my face towards my father-in-law who burst into laughter...???!!! UGH!! Instead of running to the pregnant girl...he laughs?? I was mortified, and in pain, and just ran outside to cry of my pain and shame. I am sorry you had a day like that!! I feel for you!!

Hearts and Hands said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear you both fell. It is a big fear of mine too, and I have also done it once with babe in arms. I twisted my ankle and fell on my shoulder trying to protect him.
Healing vibes for you both, and big hugs.

Hugs for you too Synergy Girl, what a horrible thing to do to you! I just don't understand some people.

Days of Whine & Noses said...

I've been meaning to stop by here and thank you for your comment on my blog! So sorry it took me so long!

DawnS said...

This is always something that I worry about too - so sorry it happened to you! Your kids are so cute!!!