Wednesday, August 5, 2009

EXPERIMENT NIGHT 1

So we took what the Ped. said and put it into action. we move Avery out of our room to her brothers room to see if we can get her to sleep thru the night. Liam moved into our room to "camp" with us for a few nights. So she would not wake him up and she could if she was going to cry it out if necessary.
She woke up at 2am and was standing in her crib.
I went in and shushed and rubbed her back laid her down a few times and comforted her without picking her up.
I left the room she was still crying a bit. I went back in at about 2:20 as she really did not settle down and did it again. this time I think she figured out I was not picking her up and started to rub hr eyes and slump over. she grabbed for her blankly and did her grunting that she does to sooth her self. she closed her eyes and drifted off. I then snuck out of the room. I flopped back in bead at 2:30 only to hear my hubby ask if she had just started...
Up at 5 am to get myself ready for work snuck around the room because now Liam is there and dressed. went into Liam's room at 5:15 and nursed her for about 6-8 minutes. she fell back to sleep in my arms and I put her back... will have to ask when she woke up this AM. so not so bad one time during the night we'll see what happens tonight if she will be able to sooth herself back to sleep or if she needs mommy.

5 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

It sounds like things are in the works. I love to read this type of things, it makes me wonder about how is going to be for me when my time comes ;)

Kathie @ my net finds said...

hi there, can you send me your information for the swap again? I'm so sorry, I don't know what happened, I was copying everyone's info into a spreadsheet and now I can't find it!

CaraBee said...

I'm so glad it went well. We suffered through months and months of bad sleep. Now at 22 months we have finally found a good sleep pattern, but it was hell.

Good luck!

Jules said...

I love reading little tips like this for when it's my time to be a mommy. It sounds promising and good luck with it tonight!

Kathie @ my net finds said...

an award for you! :-)

http://mynetfinds.blogspot.com/2009/08/youre-gem.html